Originally called 'La Rufina’, was the first of the TusculumVillas to be realized between 1540 and 1550. The building was created on the remains of a Roman villa having a rectangular plan, and contained within a building wall with four corner towers . After several changes, the most important by Borromini, in 1905 the Prussian Baron Mendelsson Bartholdy bought the villa which became a meeting place of the German intellectuals of Rome. It is the seat of the National Evaluation Service of the Italian education system (INVALSI). In 2005 it hosted the shooting of a famous Italian fiction film, 'Rivombrosa Elisa'.