Villa Arrigoni-Muti


  • Villa Arrigoni-Muti

Energitismo Insight

The villa is named after the first owner, the Cardinal Arrigoni who bought it in 1579 and it is part of one of the 12 Tuscolane villas. Like many other villas in the area, it is built on the ruins of a former Roman villa, which today adorn the English garden. Inside are preserved numerous paintings by various Tuscan painters: Ludovico Cardi, called "Cigoli", Domenico Cresti called "The Passignano" and Pietro da Cortona. After the bombing of World War II, the displaced of the Frascati centre occupied the Villa.

Subscribe to see the latest