Vanvitelli Fountain


  • Vanvitelli Fountain

Energitismo Insight

In 1740, under Benedict XIV, a massive wall built to protect the port, it was adorned in the middle by a travertine fountain designed by Luigi Vanvitelli. This fountain had a harmonious and complex curved staircase leading down to touch the water, and that is now stopped by the "Principe Tommaso." quay. At one time this was a meeting place where the life of the city unwound.

Subscribe to see the latest