The Sanctuary of the Madonna della Quercia (Oak)


  • The Sanctuary of the Madonna della Quercia (Oak)

Energitismo Insight

The Sanctuary was founded at the foot of Monti Ruffi around the fifteenth century on the ruins of an earlier church dedicated to St. Peter and was built after the apparition of the Virgin. In 1540, a certain Fausto Faustini saw blood come out of an oak branch and had a vision of the Virgin who asked to erect a chapel on the site. A fresco dedicated to the miracle that led to the foundation, was painted by Francesco Cozza in 1634, on a wall of the apse.

Subscribe to see the latest