The Remains of the Castle


  • The Remains of the Castle

Energitismo Insight

The original medieval castle was  expanded in 1440 when the Orsini constructed a new and more solid one. For 500 years it resisted all assaults by outsiders and was demolished only by the French because of the strong resistance by Vivaro Romano. In 1609 Pope Paolo V had acquired it for his nephew MarcAntonio, and today the ruins are property of the community.

Subscribe to see the latest