The Pontifical Tribunal Palace


  • The Pontifical Tribunal Palace

Energitismo Insight

The palace dates back to the seventeenth century and is equipped with prisons and courts. It was built on explicit instruction by Pope Paul V for the administration of justice. A gravestone dated 1605 tells this story and has been placed in the main facade. In the last period of the governorship, when he also operated as the famous 'Boja de Rome' (Papal State Executioner), Giambattista Bugatti called Mastro Titta (1779-1869), held a precise notebook of the 514 executions.

Subscribe to see the latest