The Fortress of Poggio Catino


  • The Fortress of Poggio Catino

Energitismo Insight

The fortress is located on Moricone hill in Poggio Catino and was the fortified nucleus around which the village was born. During 1600, with the Olgiati, there was an economic revival, increased productivity and better agricultural contracts. The fortified settlement was enlarged and transformed into Master's Palace and new works were made in the village such as the aqueduct and the reconstruction of the Church.

Subscribe to see the latest