The Clarisse Monastery


  • The Clarisse Monastery

Energitismo Insight

In Città della Pieve is one of the oldest monasteries of the cloistered nuns of Clarisse. It was formed when Santa Chiara was still living as witnessed by the foundation bull of Innocent IV issued August 9, 1252, whose grand parchment is kept in the sacristy of the church monastery. The convent, surrounded by a high wall along which runs an avenue of oaks called Park of Remembrance, is still inhabited by thirty Clarisse Nuns.

Subscribe to see the latest