The church dates back to the Orsini Signoria who restored it in 1559. Subsequently, the Naro rebuilt it "a fundamentis" in 1663 and embellished the interior with precious vestments. The high altar, in stucco and painted wood, shows their coats of arms and on the apse there is a stucco dove with golden rays and at the sides there is a fresco of the four evangelists. In a chapel is a wooden crucifix and bas-reliefs depicting Bernardino and Fabrizio Naro. In a second chapel is an ancient painting cabinet containing numerous relics and the metal bust of Sant'Egidio, the patron saint of Mompeo, that Fabrizio Naro donated to the Church in 1660.