Outside the city walls, on the ground facing the Roman road (now Via Roma), in the locality called "the mountain", in the second half of the seventeenth century, on the access portal to the property Degli Effetti there was a painting of the Madonna and Child and St. John the Baptist, revered by the population. In 1672 Antonio Degli Effeti began the construction of this church, which originally was called St. Maria de Virtude, to house this sacred image venerated by the people of the town. The painting depicting the Madonna and Child and St. John the Baptist, was then looted during years of neglect. The plan of the church is a Greek cross and the interior is very simple and basic. The access to the church, which includes the sacristy, chapel and caretaker's cottage, is through a small loggia overlooking the main street. On the simple gable roof with a small pediment is a bell tower with two bells.