The baronial palace was built on the former Roman fort during the sixteenth century by the Colonna family and is located on the highest part of the hill. The palace was then modified in the eighteenth century and the facade facing the town is characterized by a tower with a clock.
The building is not in good condition and a part is unusable. Between 1953 and 1956 in the courtyard of the palace a water tank was built since then has been the characteristic image of the city as it dominates and is recognizable from a great distance. This tank is amicably called "the dindarolo".