In 1893, near the ruins of the Villa of the Consul Aulus Gabinius (63 BC.), were found the traces of an ancient Roman aqueduct that carried water to the villa. In those years the first water analysis was made and it was recognized as pure with the therapeutic qualities of water being one of the best in the region. The source was named Gabinia and is located in the village of Meo. The water flows between volcanic rocks, probably the result of eruptions of a group of volcanoes in the Ernici.