Savelli Castle and Palazzo


  • Savelli Castle and Palazzo

Energitismo Insight

In the highest part of Mount Morrecone, in the tenth century they began to build fortifications that by around 1200 had already taken the form of a castle then bought by the Savelli family. The Savelli ruled all this greater area until 1600 when, because of a financial crisis, sold it to the Prince Marco Antonio Borghese (1611). The prince gave the castle for use by Sister Dove Serantoni (1701-1781), founder of the "Oblates of St. Clare" who lived here and set up a boarding school for young girls. Today, the municipal part is home to the library and the Historical Archive.

Subscribe to see the latest