The Church of Santa Maria Assunta became Collegiate in 1582 by the merger with the St. Paul church in the abandoned town of Ninfa. Originally in the centre of the town, in 1793, Francesco Caetani moved it to its present position. It was destroyed by bombing and rebuilt with the same materials but without stucco and frescoes. Two ceramic bands in relief represent the history of Cisterna: exodus from the caves, battles and migrations, Saint Michael Archangel victor over sin, the patron saint San Rocco beat the plague. Inside is a statue of San Rocco, attributed to the school of Canova, elected patron during the plague of 1837.