Sanctuary of the Madonna del Tufo


  • Sanctuary of the Madonna del Tufo

Energitismo Insight

The church was built following a miraculous event that occurred at the end of the fifteenth century: a cavalier was walking a trail, and thanks to the intervention of the Virgin Mary which he evoked, was not hit by a large rock that had broken away from a spur. The man built a small building around the tufa rock had it painted by the painter Antoniazzo Romano. Over the centuries this small church was enlarged and gave rise to the sanctuary. The facade dates from 1792 commissioned by Prince Andrea Doria-Pamphili.  

Subscribe to see the latest