Sanctuary of Saints Cosmas and Damian


  • Sanctuary of Saints Cosmas and Damian

Energitismo Insight

The Benedictines built the church of the patron saints Cosmas and Damian with the classic square plan and gable roof in the VI-VII century. It is believed that the Benedictine monks descendants of Lombards, came from the monastery of Farfa, and built the Abbey of San Salvatore, the Longone castle with its small church of Santa Maria and the church of Saints Cosmas and Damian. The Parish of the patron saints Cosmas and Damian was the place of worship for the population until 1681. In that year, Don Corinthian Liberals opened the doors of Santa Maria intra moenia (inside the wall) to the public and the church of the patron saints has then become part of the cemetery .

Subscribe to see the latest