The first official document of the church is located in the Diocesan "Acts" of 1629 where it is committed with its wealth to the Lay Brotherhood of SS. Sacrament. The Church received the annuity of seven scudi coming from real estate, and provided a "Monte Frumentario" (amount) with a certain number of "tomboli" (pillows) of grain which in part were loaned to the poor peasants for the planting season. In 1731 it reads that the church had been rebuilt "modern and elegant" with the addition of a small choir from some "home tasks" and a new side altar dedicated to St. Francis of Assisi. The portal and the façade, in dramatic late Baroque style, then come from the reconstruction of the 1700s.