Rural Church of St. Martin


  • Rural Church of St. Martin

Energitismo Insight

Outside the town, along the road that connects to Cecilia via Valeria, is the rural church of San Martino with the adjoining hermitage. In the tenth century this was an outpost of the Abbey of Farfa in the Duchy of Spoleto. The local stone Romanesque façade has a belfry and a stone canopy. The interior has a nave with frescoes of 1556 representing San Martino and Sant'Antonio Abate.

Subscribe to see the latest