Porta Capena


  • Porta Capena

Energitismo Insight

When the circuit of the walls was extended, "Porta Capena" was built which was the only driveway gate to the village. The door has a simple Renaissance role and, in case of attack, the guards could quickly reach the castle. The gate has an ornament of 1800 in the form of the coat of arms of San Paolo, a sword-wielding arm, surmounted by a baronial crown. In fact, in the fifteenth century, the abbots of St. Paul monastery were conferred with the crown from the king of England, the patron of the basilica.

Subscribe to see the latest