Pedaggio (Toll) Tower or Saracen Tower


  • Pedaggio (Toll) Tower or Saracen Tower

Energitismo Insight

It is a medieval tower along the Liri River, and called Tower of Campolato or Saracen Tower, which dates back to the French House of D'Anjou, the Neapolitan State, between the thirteenth and fifteenth centuries. Of the military garrison today remain the square plan tower and ruins of the adjoining building. The garrison was to control traffic on the Liri river, crossed by a bridge that connected the Kingdom of Naples and the Papal States. Part of the complex were also the bridge and an inn, found on the list of assets of the Arce Duchy and rented in 1584 by the brothers Boncompagni Nardelli of Santopadre.

Subscribe to see the latest