Villa Doria Pamphili is a public park and was built in the eighteenth century in an area with remains of a Roman villa of the properties of Pompeo Magno. It was then bought by the Doria family who also supervised the installation of the large park. In the villa a military detachment camped during World War II. The villa was hit by bombs and then razed to the ground in 1951. The villa is one of the largest public parks in the Alban Hills.