The palace is located in the centre of Grottaferrata and dates back to 1741. It was built by the Passerini family that hosted Pope Benedict XIV. In 1872 the palace passed to the Santovetti family that funded expansions by architect Enrico Celso Donnini. Inside the palace is a remarkable chapel, frescoed by Sylvester Capparoni, that is now in a bar. Until the '50s the building was used for the production and sale of the wines of the famous Cellars Santovetti.