The palace is located in the lower part of the town and was built by Cardinal Altemps with the intention to turn it into servants’ quarters. In 1613, when the Altemps sold it to the Borghese to pay debts, the building was completed by Cardinal Scipione who decided to make it into a family residence. The grandeur of the building emphasizes the role of the owner family of the place. In 1616, at the base of the palace a fountain was built that distributed the water of Molara and in 1852 it was mounted in a stone shrine. The fountain was dismantled in 1889, and in its place was inserted the war memorial for the 1920 Patria. The palace is now the town hall.