From 1379 the Orsini castle was owned by the Orsini and, from the end of the sixteenth century by the Cesi. After a period of decline, when it was also used by German troops during World War II, the castle was bought and restored by the municipality. It is the town hall and hosts weddings, civil ceremonies in the Cesi room or on the panoramic stands. From its terraces the view is amazing: it dominates the whole city of Rome, looking down to the sea, and the lower Sabina. It is the site of the archaeological museum and the prehistoric and proto-historic museum.