New Church of Saint Stephen (Santo Stefano)


  • New Church of Saint Stephen (Santo Stefano)

Energitismo Insight

Its construction dates from the fifteenth century, then it was rebuilt in the eighteenth. The church has three naves with travertine pillars and the altar is behind a triumphal arch and two columns with Corinthian capitals. In the right aisle there is the tomb of Nicholas III Orsini, the frescoes from the church of Santa Maria ad Pontem and the chapel of the Annunciation (first called ‘of the Orsini’) with frescoes of the school of Pinturicchio. On the left aisle is a 1278 bell and the sarcophagus of Pietro Gregorio Boncompagni Ludovisi Duke of Fiano.

Subscribe to see the latest