The history of the park is very special: at the end of 1300 the area's population was infected by the plague, which coincided with the cutting of the oaks. The population was convinced that until then the oaks had protected the country from the winds carry the infection and since then the oak trees were no longer cut. The 'crown'(corona) name indicates precisely the circular arrangement around the town. The park has an area of about 150 hectares in the hills overlooking the Tiber valley. In the park there area areas for picnics and during the summer it hosts events organized by the associations of Civitella San Paolo.