Museum of Santa Filippa Mareri


  • Museum of Santa Filippa Mareri

Energitismo Insight

The Museum of "Santa Filippa Mareri" shows part of the exhibits, documents and records of the ancient Monastery of San Pietro de Molito, founded by the Baroness Saint in 1228 and abandoned in 1940 because it was submerged with the village St. Peter, by the artificial Salto lake. The ancient monastery lives again through its decorative fragments (capitals, panels, frames, badges, masks, bells of XII-XVIII centuries) and the imposing wooden door panels from 1511. In a section about the lives of the Poor Clares, with trunks containing their ‘dowry’, and the tools of their home life and work, such as the pharmacy tools and tools for spinning and weaving. Ancient texts and important twelfth-century parchments (papal bulls, deeds, manuscripts, illuminated manuscripts) can be seen in the monastic library,

Subscribe to see the latest