Locanda Martorelli


  • Locanda Martorelli

Energitismo Insight

The building began as Casino Stazi in the nineteenth century and there is a room decorated by the Polish painter Thaddeus Kuntze depicting events from ancient Ariccia. Antonio Martorelli bought the building in 1814 and turned it into an inn that became a milestone in the Grand Tour d'Italie. It has been visited by internationally renowned artists such as Corot, Turner, Ibsen, Longfellow, Gogol, and Costa. Locanda Martorelli was purchased by the City of Ariccia in 1988 and is used for contemporary art exhibitions.

Subscribe to see the latest