Grottaferrata Borghetto


  • Grottaferrata Borghetto

Energitismo Insight

The castle was probably built around the ninth or the tenth century by the Counts of Tusculum. In the fifteenth century it was acquired by the Savelli who in 1473 it exchanged with the Abbey of San Nilo for Ariccia fiefdom. At the beginning of the sixteenth century the castle appeared deserted and remained so until the some townhouses were built in the insides. The castle walls form an oval with a perimeter of about 3 km fortified by 13 rectangular towers.

Subscribe to see the latest