Gregorian Bridge


  • Gregorian Bridge

Energitismo Insight

The bridge connects the old town to the Villa Gregoriana and was built by Pope Gregory XVI in 1834. The structure has a single arch in travertine that rests on two side pillars. It was blown up by retreating German troops and re-opened with a procession, with the famous custom of blessing the waters of the river Aniene, being repeated.

Subscribe to see the latest