The palace was founded in the late sixteenth century as an evolution of the castle, and incorporates one of the five remaining towers. The palace has more than fifty rooms and a chapel. As a reminder of the powerful Guelph family of the Orsini, to the sides of the palace entrance are two statues of bears. During the Napoleonic domination the Bruschi family were for a time owner, and restored the building according to the Empire style. They put in the entrance columns, decorative stucco and new fittings. After several families took ownership, in 1929 the palace passed to the Forani family who have made an internal restructuring and built hillside park accommodation. In 2003 part of the palace was converted into holiday homes.