The Casaprota Castle is the core around which the village was built and is located in the highest part of the countryside. The building dates from the early tenth century and the first reference, which concerns a dispute over property, is located in a document of the end of 1100, during the pontificate of Celestine III. The city wall was built during the thirteenth century by the Soderini family. In the sixteenth century, the role of protector of the village ended and the castle was transformed into a palace by opening windows and expansions in the area of representation of people. The final building looks sober and elegant but not ostentatious. Behind the castle stands a fourteenth-century round tower.