Convent of San Lorenzo


  • Convent of San Lorenzo

Energitismo Insight

Legend has it that this Franciscan monastery was founded by Saint Francis during his trip to Subiaco, It is built on land donated by Cardinal Giovanni Colonna. The church of San Lorenzo, originally founded in the fifteenth century, was rebuilt in 1773 and later abandoned in 1873. It suffered heavy damage during the earthquake of 1915 and the Second World War bombing and was rebuilt according to the original design in the 1950s. A track from the monastery leads to the cave where the Blessed Andrea Conti, who died in 1302. had lived as a hermit.

Subscribe to see the latest