The church dates from the thirteenth century and it was transformed into baroque in the XVIII century. Inside there are works of considerable interest such as a polychrome Byzantine style wooden crucifix (originally from the church of Mozzano castle) (VIII-IX sec.) and a deposition made in 1435 by a Flemish painter (copy of an original by Roger van der Weyden). On the altar on the right there is the marble bust of Marcantonio Cerbelli, attributed to Bernini, and on the left a nineteenth-century medallion with the profile of Don Vincenzo Petrarca. The church retains its Romanesque bell tower with two rows of mullioned windows rebuilt according to the original pattern after a lightning strike.