Civic Gallery of Modern and Contemporary Art


  • Civic Gallery of Modern and Contemporary Art

Energitismo Insight

The gallery was established in 1937 as 'Littoria Art Gallery' and its original core were the works donated by the artists of the XX Venice Biennale and the Second Quadrennial in Rome. After the armistice of 8 September 1943, this collection has been largely lost. In 1994, with the remaining works and those retrieved by the Carabinieri, the gallery was opened to the public in the halls of the Palace of Culture. New works of modern and contemporary art have subsequently been acquired (1955 to present).

Subscribe to see the latest