Church of the Crucifixion


  • Church of the Crucifixion

Energitismo Insight

The Church of the Crucifixion dates from the late sixteenth century and owes its name to a wooden beam that supports a cross pendant. In 1747 the church collapsed due to a violent storm, destroying some houses. The inhabitants patiently rebuilt the church in the 1850s. The restorations were completed in 1865 with the help of the German sculptor Teodoro Achtermann.

Subscribe to see the latest