The church was built on an old Roman building by the Brotherhood of the SS. Croce di Vicovaro in the fifteenth century and was later enlarged by the architect Pietro Torelli between 1743 and 1755. The church has a central altar and three side chapels and on the main altar there is a wooden crucifix of the XVI century and a polychrome terracotta statue of Sant’Antonio Abate of the sixteenth century. The external Renaissance portico was created with four Roman columns with Doric capitals. At one time in the sixteenth century, in front of the church, was hospital where the sick with herpes were welcomed, shingles was known as ‘il fuoco di Sant’Antonio’.