The ancient church was the private chapel of the Palace of the Colonna and therefore was quite small. For this reason it was demolished and rebuilt in 1565. The interior has a single nave and various renovations have erased the frescoes. On the sides of the nave there are four niches containing a statue of San Rocco in papier mache, a statue of Our Lady of Lourdes, a picture of the Immaculate Conception and a picture of the Sacred Heart. Two works have a great artistic value: a panel painting from 1400 depicting the Holy Saviour, attributed to the school of Giotto, and a painting on canvas, from the end of 1700s, representing the Assumption of the Virgin Mary into heaven. The choir and an organ with restored pipes are above the entrance door.