The church was built in the fourteenth century in honour of Thomas Aquinas, and is located just below the fortified garrison. It has a Gothic shape of a Latin cross, with frescoes and is the first built in the world in honour of the saint. It is located halfway between the medieval village and castle. There are frescoes from the 1400s and a wooden bust of St. Thomas from 1633. Many other frescoes were lost during the last war.