Church of St. John the Baptist and Mary Immaculate


  • Church of St. John the Baptist and Mary Immaculate

Energitismo Insight

The Church of St. John the Baptist and Mary Immaculate, in the central square of the town, was built by the Savelli family in 1572. It was originally a baronial palace chapel which was destroyed by bombing during the Second World War. In 1953 the church was restored and three frescoes painted between 1400 and 1500 emerged. The Church houses a polychrome wooden sculpture of the seventeenth century depicting the Madonna.

Subscribe to see the latest