Although the first church dates from the thirteenth century, the current one was rebuilt in 1868 century. The simple facade has a curtain covering and a flight of travertine steps. The interior has three naves, divided by columns with Corinthian capitals connected by arches. The altar was made of marble from the demolition of St. Helen's Church in Rome. The bell tower in the Doric style is 38m high and is divided into three tiers.