The present Church of St. Gregory the Great was founded in 1485 as an extension of a place of worship dedicated to the community of the saint. His consecration was in 1537 and the statue of the saint dates back to 1567. In 1621 the masonry presbytery and the main altar with the monumental tabernacle with two beautiful alabaster columns were created. In 1720 the local painter Tancredi Maschietti painted the canvas of the Saint in the act of writing the apocalypse, as he looks inspired by the Madonna, which is referred to on the 1774 banner of the procession of the patron. In 1867 the church was modified by the construction of the vault and the aisles.