The church is located next to the cemetery, dates back to 1170 and was founded by Benedictine monks. It was part of a larger monastic complex, now destroyed, described in the papal bulls of Alexander III and Innocent III. The interior consists of one room with two spans covered with a crossed vaulted gothic arch. There are remains of medieval frescoes and cosmatesco floor. The bell tower is in Romanesque style brick. In the construction of the church portico parts of an ancient Roman temple were used.