Church of Santa Maria dellOliva


  • Church of Santa Maria dellOliva

Energitismo Insight

The earliest records of the church and its monastery show that they were built at about 867 and were damaged by Barbarians and Saracens. In 1223 the church was donated to St. Francis during his visit to the Sacro Speco of Subiaco and the Franciscans enlarged the building. The convent was closed in 1653 and in the church were buried the dead of Roviano. Today only some ruins remain.

Subscribe to see the latest