Church of Santa Maria Assunta


  • Church of Santa Maria Assunta

Energitismo Insight

The church was rebuilt in 1605 by the family Massimo on the ruins of an older temple. The facade is made of two levels and has two windows to the sides and a seventeenth-century portal. On the second level of the façade, there is a closed rectangular window flanked by two other newly opened lunettes. Inside is a single nave with side chapels with elements of Romanesque and Gothic furniture such as the altar, the holy water fonts, a triptych on a fifteenth century table, wooden sculptures and Renaissance paintings of 1613 by Domenico Fiasella, follower of Caravaggio .  

Subscribe to see the latest