The church was part of the Rossilli monastery. The earthquake of 1495 destroyed it and the church was rebuilt in the sixteenth century. At the end of the seventeenth century a new building was constructed, above the previous church. The interior is in Baroque style and the church has three naves and eight side chapels, the central vault is frescoed with images of the Madonna. The Crucifix Chapel is decorated with precious marble.