The church dates back to the Middle Ages but was remodelled in the late fifteenth century. It has a Romanesque bell tower dating from the twelfth century. Inside there is a beautiful marble holy water font, an altar in coloured marble, a Renaissance ciborium and precious wooden ceilings. The Church has an irregular plan with a single nave with side niches and a carved wooden pulpit, dated 1641. In the vestibule of the church there is a large bell that was cast in 1357 in honour of the liberation of the city 'from the tyranny of the princes' . The bell in the Bell Tower worked for 442 years, until it was broken in 1799 and put on display in the church.