Church of San Giovanni Battista


  • Church of San Giovanni Battista

Energitismo Insight

The Church was built by the Florentines towards the end of the sixteenth century who were lured by the Convention with the Holy Spirit to get a plot of land in exchange for the assignment of a fifth of the product obtained from cultivation. The church was built in 1575 and has a single nave. Behind the altar is the old wooden statue of St. John the Baptist, patron of the city, which is carried in procession every year. The vault and the walls around the altar were decorated in the last century by the painter Angelo Cordelli.

Subscribe to see the latest