The first document that mentions the church is of Bishop Thomas in 1252. St. Michael the Archangel is the patron of Rivodutri. The earthquake of 1703 ruined the church and a smaller one was built using only the outer walls. The bell tower is 18 meters high and has a bas-relief depicting St. Michael slaying the dragon-demon. In 1775 a clock was added to the bell tower. The interior has a nave with an apse and on the sides are two chapels. Among the art works are interesting paintings from the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries. Above the altar is a valuable chiselled and embossed silver tabernacle, a twentieth-century work of Veronese masters.