From an inscription carved on the entrance, the church dates back to 1300 and was rebuilt after it collapsed because of an earthquake that destroyed the town of Machialone. Before rebuilding their houses, the inhabitants were concerned to rebuild the church because, in that year, Pope Boniface VIII proclaimed the first Jubilee in history. The pilgrims who came to Rome, called ‘romei’ came from very far on roads that were named "romee" of which Salaria was one. The church was a refreshments and comfort stop for pilgrims. Inside there is a picture which defends against the devil. It is placed above the altar and represents San Felice as a patron of Posta that is visible in the background.